Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Buy Once Cook Twice

Lately I have been on a roll with recipes and cooking. I have been meal planning and adding new recipes to our family meals. Because of this, I have purchased ingredients for the recipes. And since I have been cutting recipes in half, I have ended up with leftovers of these ingredients.

After I use the ingredient, I search for recipes and ways to use the remainder. I have found some really great recipes! For instance, after one particularly exciting day of reorganizing my pantry. (no really) I realized that I had too many cans of creamed corn. So after searching the internet for recipe ideas that used creamed corn as an ingredient, I found a great recipe for corn/chicken chowder. And the added bonus was that it was easy to make! Now of course, I keep finding recipes for creamed corn and have used it all!

One week at the grocery store, I had a coupon for pesto sauce and it was on sale. So we had a meal with pesto, polenta, and shrimp. This week I will use the remainder to make pesto pizzas. Is it wrong to become excited about these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment