Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Planning Plan A

I'm a planner, I admit it. I love to plan things, meals, shopping lists, parties, events, and outings. I have always been the one in my immediate family who does the planning. Get together for someone's birthday or for the holidays.

I don't mind doing this and actually enjoy it. What I don't enjoy is people who can't commit. You tell me you want to do something and when- it goes on my calendar. It's done and planned. I can't understand why this is not how everyone else works. If someone asks me if I want to do something and I don't want to I simply say no or no thanks. Why is it so hard for others to do this? Why does it have to be drawn out over weeks? Well, we're not sure if we can make it. Or yeah sure it sound like fun. But no commitment! Am I one of those people who is good as a back up plan? So are they saying, "we'll come if nothing else better comes up."

Honestly, I find this hemming and hawing absolutely frustrating and would much rather be told no upfront immediately than to be led on for weeks. (or days). So please, just say no, you won't hurt my feelings at all. Actually, I'd appreciate your direct answer. "No thanks, it does not sound like something I'd want to do." Or even simpler "No." Then I can get on with my planning and not worry about whether or not you'll make it.

1 comment: