Wednesday, July 15, 2009

$75 to start and $66.91 left to go!

So I went to the grocery store and purchased my food for the week. Luckily, I still have a lot of fresh fruit and veggies from last week so I don't need to buy a lot of those. Boy do they add up quickly!

I purchased the following: one dozen eggs, a package of radishes, a bunch of fresh broccoli, a package of rolls, a container of blue cheese, a small bunch of grapes, and a gallon of vinegar. Last week I earned a $4 off your next order Catalina coupon so my OOP was $8.09. A great start!

With a hubby who loves dry cereal and a toddler who downs milk, I needed to buy two gallons of milk for the week. One whole milk and one 2%, realizing that it would cost me another $6 I tried to come up with a cheaper alternative. Then I remembered that drug stores now carry milk AND that I had some Extra Bucks. Yes.

I needed to go to CVS anyway because they have the Electrasol Tabs on sale this week for $3.99 and there was a $4 coupon in the paper.

So I went to CVS and purchased two gallons of milk and the Dishwasher tabs. I used one $5 ECB and one $2 ECB and the coupon, final OOP $0.0! Yes!

Dinner tonite will be Wachai Ferry's Cashew Chicken with steamed broccoli and baby corn. Last week I bought the chicken and used the Fresh Tyson Chicken $1 off coupon. I purchased the baby corn and had a coupon for it via Kroger's coupon mailing. The Wachai Ferry is from my stockpile purchased months ago with a $1.50 off coupon. Total cost for dinner: $7.78. Grocery outlay for the week, $1.50 for the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment