Monday, November 16, 2009

Waste Not

This past weekend, I hosted a party where I made several appetizers. I ended up spending more than my weekly "allowance" when I bought all of my ingredients. So I have decided to not grocery shop this week.

I went to the store on Sunday and purchased milk and bread. I have plenty of food in the pantry and freezer. Because I have practiced "stockpiling" for over a year now, I am able to skip a week or two of grocery shopping. The only thing that I am low on for the week is fresh veggies. But I have plenty of leftover carrots, radishes, and peppers that I can use. I also have plenty of frozen and canned vegetables that I can add to my meals.

I reviewed my menus from weeks past and was surprised at the quality of the meals I will be able to prepare. There are a few things on sale that I'd like to get at the store, but will keep away for the week to save a little money. Now all I have to do is make sure I do not spend double next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment