Sunday, November 29, 2009

You Cooked it How Long?!?

My whole chicken turned out pretty good and I survived touching the raw chicken as well. Luckily, my husband stepped up to the plate and was willing to stick his hand into the chicken to get the bag of stuff out of it! I wanted to touch the chicken as little as possible and so the packaging went out with the other parts ASAP.

I was not sure how long to cook it or when it would be done, so I called the Perdue hot-line. The woman asked me how I had cooked the chicken and when I started by saying, I put it in at 400 degrees....she replied "Oh, no! Let me send you a $5.00 coupon." So I am not one to turn down a free coupon, even if I had no plans of buying chicken ever again, but I am sure I can find some way to use it!

I almost called the Mrs. Smith's hot-line as my pumpkin pie remained watery in the middle even on the following day. I put it back in the oven and after about 20 minutes it was done correctly. I guess I should not try to cook something I have not cooked for the first time on Thanksgiving! Thankfully, they have the hot-lines available for people to call, even if you are a somewhat experienced cook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment